Introducing the free Cegos L&D Health Check
Learning & Development is, in many ways, the lifeblood of your organisation. It keeps the company in trim, as well as fit and agile enough to survive in an increasingly complex world.
And, like any good athlete gearing up for a race, it’s a good idea to do the occasional health check to see if you’re up to speed, especially when compared to your competitors.
The new Cegos L&D Health Check is designed to do just that. After answering a few ‘yes/no’ questions, we’ll tell you how you’re doing, and give you instant feedback in the form of a customised report. The report is packed full of advice on how to get your L&D in tip-top condition, ready to fight for another year and keep winning!
As something of a warm up, here are six questions that encourage you to reflect on your current L&D performance:
1) Is your L&D fully integrated with your organisational strategy? It sounds like a no-brainer, but research suggests that only a small percentage of organisations align their training and development programmes with the company business plan. You can find out how well your company does this in your Health Check.
2) Do you have the right systems and processes in place to deliver an effective training programme? Your people now expect you to use a range of technology and learning practices to help them develop useful and relevant skills. L&D systems and processes that are closely aligned to those in HR tend to be the most successful.
3) Does your organisation promote a positive learning culture? If your people have a healthy attitude towards learning, they are more likely to value the programmes you provide and use them productively. But some organisations get it wrong, and L&D is viewed as a burden as a result.
4) Are you aware of the gap between the skills your people have and the skills they need? It’s important to identify the skills gaps in your team and take constructive steps to fill them. People often feel their managers are not aware of the specific areas employees need to develop. Even if managers are aware, they tend to look at short-term solutions rather than long-term ones.
5) Are the individuals in your organisation committed to development needs and goals? You can have the best training programme in the world, but you need to ensure you have full commitment from every individual to make the investment worthwhile. How do you make that happen? Find out when you get the results of your Health Check report.
6) Are you confident that learning is always transferred to the workplace? If L&D is a tick-box affair, then it is likely to fail. You need to have programmes in place that effectively enable workers to put learning into practice. And that involves line managers working closely with their team to achieve this.
So, how did you get on?
Now it’s time do your Cegos Health Check and compare your own perceptions with the reality of what others in your industry are doing.
You can complete the questionnaire in around 10 minutes. A few minutes later, you’ll get the feedback delivered to your inbox.
And when you’ve got your results, why not contact us for a chat about how we can help boost your L&D for 2018?