“Since 2007, this programme (the first international one initiated by the Faurecia University), has highly contributed to the successful integration of dozens of new units across the world as well as the growing performance and engagement of our teams.”
Dean Woods, Corporate Training Manager, Faurecia University, Faurecia
Faurecia’s pragmatic operational systems underpin its drive to ensure excellence in both project and production teams. As part of this, the Faurecia Excellence System (FES) is at the core of the DNA of the company. Built on the TPS principles, FES application is completely dependent on Faurecia’s people, therefore the way they are managed is key to the business success. Hence the company believes that first line managers and supervisors have a key role in operating the FES.
Strengthen Managerial Performance
For a number of years, Faurecia has partnered with Cegos to design and roll out it’s international management training programme for first line managers and supervisors. Recently, Faurecia renewed its trust in Cegos to enhance and enlarge the training programme and extended it to all kind of managers. The objective, to develop outstanding team management around the “how” and not only the “what” skills to:
• Develop individual and team performance
• Deal properly with difficult situations
• Achieve continuous improvement
Customised to Faurecia’s goals and culture, the programme is highly interactive and benefits from an engaging pedagogy: role-plays, self-assessments, practical job-aids. It now includes 3 modules (2 to 5 days each):
• Fundamentals of management
• Managing individuals’ performance
• Managing teams’ performance
It has been rolled out in 16 countries worldwide and is run by an international team of 30 certified country trainers. These trainers are fully aligned and committed to help learners transfer practices and behaviours to the workplace.
• Support Faurecia new management model thus supporting Faurecia’s important culture evolution.
• Managers of 16 countries, share a common set of competencies.
• Nearly 1000 team leaders now confidently demonstrate important performance manager skills.
Key success factors
• Ability to capitalise on what is in place in each country and at the same time build a common set of competencies.
• A tailored corporate programme delivered by local trainers who bring the required local touch (cultural and business).
• Dynamic management of the trainers who regularly share their experience.
Present in 34 countries around the world, with about 320 production sites including 30 R&D centres, 94 000 people, Faurecia is the 6th largest automotive parts supplier in the world. Despite the worldwide crisis starting in 2008, Faurecia implemented a strategy of growth. It maintained its investments, especially in training, both in soft skills and hard skills.
To see how Cegos can support your organisation with its training programmes, international or national, please get in touch using the details below.