We’ve probably all sat through seemingly endless hours of boring talks and pointless presentations in the workplace, coming away with nothing to show for it other than a huge pile of emails and voice messages waiting for us back at our desks.
Poor training isn’t just a waste of everyone’s time – it is an ideal way to negatively impact on motivation, productivity, and reputation. But training, like any other skill, is something that needs to be learned.
Cegos has been training people all around the world for decades – and as you’d imagine, we’ve picked up a few tips along the way. Tips that we’re more than happy to share with your existing or potential trainers.
We’ll show them the most effective ways of engaging participants; how to involve delegates in the process and encourage them to play an active role in their own development; how to improve their public speaking, and how to create positive group dynamics that bring great results.
Effective trainers help their participants understand and retain what they learn by using tried and tested methods based on research into how our brain and memory work. Learning by doing is the underlining ethos – and one which will enable trainers to return to the workplace armed with new skills that will result in more productive, cost-effective training.
Who should attend?
Suitable for people with existing training responsibilities and those who want to develop them, this highly interactive course is also valuable to managers and experts wanting to get to grips with their business’s current training kit.
The training the trainer course combines e-learning modules with two days classroom work, all delivered in a rigorous and engaging way that addresses they key issues faced by trainers.
Training the Trainer benefits
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Fully appreciate how people learn
- Design and organise impactful content, appropriate to time restrictions
- Use public speaking and questioning techniques in sessions
- Encourage a group’s desire to learn
- Adapt to different learning needs while also building their own style
- Use different training documents, materials and presentations
- Deliver enhanced workshops and seminars to groups of different sizes
- Prevent and manage difficult situations in training
- Gather and use feedback and evaluations
- Successfully deliver in-house training – reducing costs and guaranteeing consistency
To find out more about how we can train your trainers, please get in touch.