Make the most of the Apprenticeship Levy
If you are a UK employer with a wage bill over £3 million, you are now liable to pay a levy of 0.5% into a government digital apprenticeship account.
So, here are five questions for you to consider:
1) Have you registered for your digital account?
2) How much will you pay into the Apprenticeship Levy?
3) Do you have the resources to manage and support your apprentices?
4) Have you identified apprenticeship programmes that fit into your current L&D business strategy? (Some popular modules include management, leadership and customer service, for example)
5) How can you maximise your levy to get the best return on investment?
Cegos helps employers get the most out of the Apprenticeship Levy and enjoy a substantial ROI. From registration through to designing and implementing apprenticeship schemes, we can point you in the right direction.
How does the Apprenticeship Levy work?
0.5% of your company’s monthly wage bill is put into a government digital fund. You can use this fund to pay training providers to deliver your apprenticeship programmes.
Your organisation only loses out if you don’t use up the funds within 24 months of contributing. So, for example, you will need to use all the funds you contribute in the month of May 2017 by May 2019 or else the money goes to the Treasury.
Click here to read more details from the HM Government website.
How can employers benefit from the levy?
When you use the fund to develop your people, it’s a sure-fire way of motivating and retaining them.
Working with a reliable provider like Cegos takes the hassle out of organising training yourself, and allows you to deliver the best possible apprenticeships within your levy budget.
How do we set this up?
Setting up an apprenticeship scheme isn’t as tough as you may think. Simply get in touch to tell us what you need, and we’ll guide you through the process.
We partner with many excellent training companies, so we’re flexible enough to accommodate any specialism.