‘Emotion’ has become something of a dirty word in the workplace. People are described as being too emotional; letting emotion interfere with their decisions; becoming stressed because of emotions; losing their sense of balance because they are over-emotional.
Yet emotion is a normal part of the human experience, and an essential component in the way we all live, work and build relationships. Learning how to deal with strong emotions – anger, confrontation, anxiety – can be an incredibly useful tool in a business environment. And, of course, the flip side is that more positive emotions – contentment, satisfaction, a sense of fulfillment – can not only make working life more enjoyable, but ultimately increase motivation, loyalty and productivity.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at executives and middle managers who want to improve their ability to understand and deal with the emotional aspects of not only their colleagues, but of themselves.
A combination of a two-day classroom element and pre-and-post course e-learning modules, the training uses engaging and memorable exercises and techniques to allow delegates to better handle emotion and conflict, nurture positive emotion, and become more poised and responsive within the workplace. Learning is underpinned by the ‘virtuous triangle’ of balance, confidence and performance.
Managing Emotions In Tough Situations benefits
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Enrich their relationships
- Understand how emotions work – and their impact in the workplace
- Appreciate the connections between the brain, emotions, stress and self-confidence
- Deal with difficult emotions – both their own and others’
- Prevent conflicts
- Handle tension and conflict more effectively
- Improve problem-solving
- Increase individual and collective motivation
- Develop trusting, respectful and positive relationships, and support others to do the same
- Understand others better and communicate more effectively
Every participant receives full personal support, and assessment at both the beginning and end of the course. The e-learning modules are also made available for a year. Contact us to find out more.
Discover how we can help your team to manage emotion in tough situations