You’ve had the day from hell. Meetings ran over, deadlines were missed and your to-do list seemed to multiply. You jump in your car to drive home and one of your favourite songs is playing. Within seconds your stress levels have reduced and you’re tapping away or even singing to the tune.
It’s amazing how music can have such a positive impact on how we feel and even contributes to how productive we are.
An article posted by HR Grapevine last week reported that even down to which genre of music we listen to can have an impact on our productivity.
Whether you need to motivate yourself at the gym or relax after a hectic day, there’s a variety of songs that can help you do just that.
Here at Cegos we’ve created our list of 34 songs to have on your playlist to get you motivated. An odd number we know but we couldn’t cut any, we love them all!
We can’t promise it won’t leave you with ‘Jump Around’ by House of Pain buzzing around your head for the rest of your day, but can assure you it will have you getting through your to-do list in no time at all!
- Labi Siffre ‘Something Inside So Strong’
- Destiny’s Child ‘I’m A Survivor’
- Blur ‘Song 2’
- House of Pain ‘Jump Around’
- U2 ‘One’
- Smashing Pumpkins ‘Disarm’
- Blondie ‘Atomic’
- Survivor ‘Eye of the Tiger’
- The Killers ‘Mr Brightside’
- Kings of Leon ‘Sex On Fire’
- Stevie Wonder ‘Superstition’
- Daft Punk ‘Get Lucky’
- Blackberry Smoke ‘Good One Comin’ On’
- Paolo Nutini ‘New Shoes’
- Van Morrison ‘Brown Eyed Girl’
- Stereophonics ‘Have A Nice Day’
- Simon & Garfunkel ‘Mrs Robinson’
- Frank Sinatra ‘New York New York’
- Stealers Wheel ‘Stuck in the middle with you’
- The Stone Roses ‘I Am The Resurrection’
- Celo Green ‘Forget You’
- Marron 5 ‘Moves Like Jagger’
- Darude ‘Sandstorm’
- The Chemical Brothers ‘Block Rockin’ Beats’
- The Pointer Sisters ‘Jump (For My Love)’
- Elbow ‘On A Day Like This’
- Queen ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’
- REM ‘It’s The End Of The World As We Know It’
- Frank Sinatra ‘For Once In My Life’
- Radiohead ‘The Bends’
- Primal Scream ‘Movin’ On Up’
- Glen Campbell ‘Rhinestone Cowboy’
- Carly Simon ‘Nobody Does It Better’
- S Club 7 ‘Don’t Stop Movin’
Watch out for our next post which features songs to help you relax. It includes a classic from The Commodores, can you guess which one?
We’re always on the look out for songs to add to the Cegos UK playlist. Let us know your favourites too.